Have you been to Da Luciano's restaurant? Located in River Grove, Illinois (just west of Chicago), it is a place of wonder, excitement, and homemade gluten free ravioli. Check it out here.
My friend Heather over at the Gluten Free Cat swears by this restaurant, and will literally drive dozens if not hundreds of miles out of her way to eat there. Ever since she told us how amazing it was, my husband and I have been dying to try it.
I haven't made it to the restaurant yet (though I have plans to get over there next week when I make another trip down to Chicago), but the wonderful Italian family that runs the restaurant was at the Expo selling their amazing cookies!
It felt like Ignazio, part of the husband-and-wife couple that founded and runs the restaurant, was going to adopt me. She was so Italian and so kind.
"We open at four," she told me. "But if you come early, you just let me know. I'll take care of you."
I have no doubt that she would!
Da Luciano's also bakes and creates its own pastas and pastries in a separate, completely gf kitchen (they added on a second kitchen after four of their seven kids were diagnosed with Celiac). At the Expo they had a whole table full of cookies. Just look at that goodness! Seriously...
We bought a carton of butter cookies covered in sprinkles and chocolate, and another of almond cookies.
They. Were. Amazing.
Italians know food, gf or not!
Da Luciano's offers mail orders of both their baked goods and their pastas, so if you're looking for Italian food done right, check them out.

You were soooooo close!!!!!!
ReplyDelete