Why GFJF?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

San-J Heaven

My mom and I went to Chicago's Gluten Free Expo in April.

We met a whole host of gf eaters, bloggers, writers, and experts, and got to taste about a bazillion (that's just a rough estimate, it could have been more) gf foods.

It was heavenly.


One of the vendors at the Expo was San-J sauces and marinades. I buy their soy sauce by the gallon, so I was excited to try some of their new flavors and products.

As I tasted their new sauces, the man working the booth asked if I'd like some samples to review.

"Definitely!" I said.

When my husband and I returned from our recent east-coast trip, a box with these was waiting for us:



I was thinking "samples" meant a small package with a few tiny bottles. Nope - he sent us one of each - full sized.

I'll be reviewing them one at a time as we try them...

But I can certainly say right now that their soy sauce is top-notch. Delicious with a little tang. A little bit goes a long way, so it lasts for quite awhile. Most Asian restaurants offering gluten free fare use San-J, including Pei Wei and P.F. Chang's.

The vendor mentioned that they're in talks with Panda Express, too, to get them to switch to gf soy sauce. How great would that be? It'd open up a whole world of gf fast food that is pretty much closed to us all now. Orange chicken... Mmmm...

San-J Thai Peanut Sauce and San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce reviews coming soon!

1 comment:

I love comments! Leave me some love, if you have the time.