I serve an incredible church. They love me SO well. Encouragement, hugs, kind words, gluten-free goodies - I feel blessed every day to minister where I do. There are a handful of people who, almost every time they see me, lean in and ask, "So how are YOU doing?" And they don't just ask. They really want to know.
To those who don't go to my church: a reminder. Be extra kind to your minister this week.
A church I worked at years ago occasionally referred to this upcoming week as "Unholy Week." It's a crazy, beautiful, holy week, and your minister is probably running in a lot of different directions. Many sermons to plan. Many events to organize. Maundy Thursday. Good Friday. Music. Liturgy. Five bulletins instead of one. 30 volunteers instead of five.
This is a great week to send a note or an email telling them that you appreciate them and love them. Leave a kind word with them as you pass by in the hall at church. Even if you don't think they're the world's best minister, and you wish they did things a little bit differently, find something you appreciate about their service and let them know.
It's Holy Week. Be kind to your pastor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Leave me some love, if you have the time.