When my husband and I planned our marriage retreat, I had only one requirement. I needed a fridge.
With a small fridge, a few days out of town are not only manageable, they're delicious.
Witness for yourself:
We ate very well. We had one meal out per day - either simple, like sharing a Chipotle bowl, or fancy, like Da Luciano's Italian. For the other meals and snacks, we went back to our room or packed a snack bag.
Over the four days we were there we shared PB&Js on Udi's bread with fresh raspberry preserves from Door County (thanks, Auntie Jeanie!), tortilla chips with salsa, fresh fruit, and plenty of Sprecher's root beer.
The highlight?
Caprese salad with fresh mozzarella and basil from our windowsill at home! Yum and yum.
We had more than enough food - so much that we ended up packing much of it home.
And yes, we had some junk food, too. What's a truly relaxing retreat without a few K-Toos?
What have you learned from eating gf on the road?
Great way to travel! :)
ReplyDelete