I am a sucker for a good bakery. I'm even more of a sucker for a good bakery that also offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Do you want a bagel? They've got it. An egg-and-ham breakfast sandwich? No problem. A pizza? They have that, too. How about a warm bowl of soup on a rainy day? Done.
Rose's Bakery in Evanston, Illinois, is a wonderful stop on any day.
Look at that wonderful shelf of goodness? Biscotti! Bagels! Breads!
And fresh-baked bagels? Yes, please!
My husband and I treated ourselves to a German chocolate brownie...
As well as a generous slice of tiramisu... Deliciousness.
It has very spacious seating, including lots of windows.
And the prices were more than reasonable, especially for a swankier area like Evanston.
I especially loved that everything there - EVERYTHING - is gf. So you can browse the huge bakery cases and decide upon what looks good, or order off their impressively long breakfast or lunch menu without worrying about whether or not what you choose is safe to eat.
Our favorite purchase was a bag of six pita breads. When warmed on the stove, they absolutely melted in our mouths. They'd be great for mini-pizzas, or toasted with a little rosemary and olive oil for a dinner bread.
It's great for an outing, a day of studying, or even an afternoon coffee break.
Have any of you been there yet? It's worth a trip! Rumor has it Rose herself is working on a gf croissant... I will be back for that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Leave me some love, if you have the time.