Why GFJF?
▼
Sunday, May 1, 2011
The Expo!
The Chicago Gluten Free Expo was awesome. Mom and I had a blast, and left with our tummies full of amazing gluten free samples of all sorts of new products.
Look at all these gluten free eaters! It was such a good reminder that we're not alone in our gluten free eating world. 1,500 people went through the vendor fair on Saturday, with another 1,500 expected on Sunday! And that's not counting the folks at the cooking classes.
The classes were all kinda pricey, so my mom and I elected to go to the Vendor fair, learn all we could there, and then spend some time visiting family around Chicago.
What did we learn at the expo? So much! Between books and bloggers and new products, it was a very productive two days. I had many favorite moments that I'll share over the next week.
The first favorite? I met Pamela!
If you've read this blog for long, you know that I love Pamela's baking mixes. Her chocolate cake, chocolate chunk cookies, and baking mix are staples of mine, and I bake from her bread mix for my communion loaf at church.
Meeting Pamela in person was a blast. She grabbed me and brought me behind her product table for a picture, and she wore a chef's coat that said "The Pamela." After how much of her stuff I eat, I just had to shake her hand.
Hi, Pamela! Thanks for making awesome stuff!
Tomorrow: the inside scoop on the World's Largest Gluten Free Cake in Washington D.C...





This sounds awesome! We offer gluten free bread at our church, and encourage people who are severely intolerant to come up first so as to avoid contaminated chalices...so far, that has worked for all our GF members and regular visitors.
ReplyDeleteFYI, I am introducing your blog to the RGBP today–welcome! We’re glad you’re here!